The Wilson Home Trust is delighted to offer a range of grants that support a need, activity or piece of equipment that will enhance the life of a child or young person with a physical disability. We also have grants available for the child’s whanau as we acknowledge the importance of the well being of all whanau in supporting a child with a disability.
Please check the eligibility criteria for our grant funding before commencing an application.
Eligibility Criteria for Grant Funding
- Physical disabilities are those which primarily impair function of body and/or limbs. Additional sensory (vision, hearing,) and intellectual ( cognitive, behavioural, mental,) disabilities may be present, but will not be the primary reason for the funds requested.
- The child or young person’s disability needs to be described in terms of the impairments, activity limitations and/or participation restrictions, as per the terms used by the World Health Organisation: “Disabilities is an umbrella term, covering impairments, activity limitations, and participation restrictions. An impairment is a problem in body function or structure; an activity limitation is a difficulty encountered by an individual in executing a task or action; while a participation restriction is a problem experienced by an individual in involvement in life situations”. (https://www.who.int/topics/disabilities/en/ ). Causes may include a range of medical diagnoses, congenital or acquired.
- The children or young persons are younger than 22 years
- They live in the northern half of the North Island of New Zealand (as defined in the Trust Deed)..
- The child or young person’s family has a need for financial assistance.
Our Qualifying Area