The Wilson Home Trust is looking for a Resources and Support Co-ordinator to provide resources and support to families with physically disabled children and establish partnerships and collaborations with other organisations and service providers who support physically disabled children in the Trust’s qualifying area, of the upper North Island.
We are looking for someone with previous experience in the disability sector, who is committed to helping improve the lives of children with physical disabilities. This is a newly created role with opportunities for the right person to grow and develop the role. It is envisaged that the hours would be between 30 and 35 per week, with some flexibility around working remotely. The role will include some travel.
Key areas of responsibility include
- Identification and prioritisation of needs, and resources available to support these needs, in the WHT qualifying area (upper North Island).
- Development of new services and support initiatives to meet beneficiaries’ needs, in alignment with the Wilson Home Trust’s plans.
- Creation and ongoing management of NFP organisation support and service database in WHT qualifying area.
- Building and management of relationships with key personnel in other organisations who support physically disabled children, within WHT qualifying area.
- Creation of communication and resource materials for beneficiaries across all communication platforms and channels.
- To manage and maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
Skills and Experience
- Must have previous experience working in the disability sector
- Experience working collaboratively with other organisations in the not for profit sector
- Knowledge and awareness of other organisations in the not for profit sector who support children with disabilities
- Experience managing staff
- Database management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to senior level Microsoft Office experience
- NZ drivers licence
- Shows initiative and is pro-active
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Empathetic and sensitive to client needs
- Personal commitment to providing a culturally appropriate service
- Commitment to an effective team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adaptability and willingness to work flexibly
- Prioritizing skills and ability to work to multiple deadlines
Proposed salary range $55,000-$60,000 full time, prorated for 35 hours.
Please email a cover letter and a copy of your current CV to email@example.com. Applications close Monday September 18.