The Wilson Home Trust is looking for an experienced Administrator to support the Trust Manager in the day to day running of the Wilson Home Trust (established to provide care, support, respite and rehabilitation services to children with physical disabilities in the upper north island). Located in 13 acres of tropical cliff top gardens in Takapuna, this unique and special not for profit organisation will celebrate it’s 80th birthday later this year.
We are looking for someone who not only has the skills and experience needed, but also has an understanding and passion for working in the disability sector. The role has plenty of variety with no two days the same and opportunity for further growth and development. This is a full time role, based at the Wilson Home Trust office in Takapuna.
Key areas of responsibility include
- Management and support of the Trust office area, ensuring all visitors and beneficiaries are treated with empathy and respect
- Administrative support to the Trust Manager.
- Assistance with the processing of grant funding applications and communication of outcomes.
- Stakeholder and beneficiary database management.
- Collating, and entering of invoices into Xero accounting system.
- Processing donations and generation of tax receipts.
- Assistance with preparation and distribution of Committee of Management meeting agendas, minutes and supporting documentation.
- Assisting Trust Manager with marketing and promotion of the Trust and it’s services, on digital and traditional media.
- Supporting Trust Manager with development and management of events and activities.
- To manage and maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum five year’s experience in office administration or similar role.
- Previous experience working in the disability sector would be an advantage
- Highly competent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to senior level Microsoft Office experience
- Xero Small Business software and accounting best practices
- Money handling and cash management
- Database management
- NZ Drivers Licence
- Shows initiative and is pro-active
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Empathetic and sensitive to client needs
- Personal commitment to providing a culturally appropriate service
- Commitment to an effective team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adaptability and willingness to work flexibly
- Prioritizing skills and ability to work to multiple deadlines
Applications can be made to . Applications close Monday August 7.